The Travilah PTA is a not for profit organization run and managed solely by parent volunteers. All of our funding comes from membership dues and fundraising net income. Accordingly, our success depends upon your support.
The best way to show your support is to get involved. Join the PTA, contact a Committee Chairperson (or the Volunteer Coordinator) or anyone on the Executive Board and they will find a place for you. Even a few hours of your time can make a difference.
How to join?
Troubleshooting: Please try to create a new account with Travilah ES. Please select zip code 20854 when you search the school in the pull-down menu on AtoZ. Note once you login to the new account, you can purchase the PTA membership or donate online under AtoZ Main menu->Store->Product. If you are still having trouble, please contact Hao Zhang, Travilah PTA Membership co-chair.
Benefits of joining the PTA?
Voting Rights – As a member, you will have the right to vote on every important issue impacting the PTA and your school. Your voice will count!
Directory – You will receive a free Travilah Directory, which includes a listing of all student names, addresses, and telephone numbers; the class list for each grade; and a list of teachers, staff, PTA Executive Board and Committee Chairs. This is an invaluable tool for obtaining homework when your child is sick, sending out birthday invitations, and scheduling play dates.
- Sponsors many programs that directly contribute to your child’s education, including foreign language instruction, computer graphics, Math Olympiad, chess, and Reflections.
- Funds cultural arts programs that enhance the curriculum throughout the year hosts Back to School Picnic, World Culture Night, Travilahfest, Bingo Night, Book Fair, Lunar New Year, Screen Free Week/Talent Show, and other fun events.
- Contributes substantial funds each year for educational materials for each classroom; books for the media center; and resources for the music program.
- Supplements the cost of print cartridges, including color cartridges, for computer printers throughout the school used by students and staff.
- Sponsors community service projects so that our children may also learn to help others.
- Provides a directory of our school community as well as information about school and community events through the PTA Newsletter and Listserv.
- Coordinates parent volunteers for classrooms, media center, school office, and all school events.
- Organizes with Montgomery County, Maryland State and National PTAs to collectively advocate for all school children, starting with your concerns and solutions.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!