The Travilah PTA is a not for profit organization run and managed solely by parent volunteers. All of our funding comes from membership dues and fundraising net income. Accordingly, our success depends upon your support.
The best way to show your support is to get involved. Join the PTA, contact a Committee Chairperson (or the Volunteer Coordinator) or anyone on the Executive Board and they will find a place for you. Even a few hours of your time can make a difference.
How to join?
We are excited to welcome you to the all new Travilah PTA Membership Portal at A to Z Connect. Both New and Returning Members will need to create a new log in online at: https://travilahpta.membershiptoolkit.com/
If you are new to Travilah, you can join as a new family – just click on “sign up now” at the bottom. Returning families will just need to create a new log in and should find your family info pre-populated- please check it to ensure it’s correct! Then check your email for a link to complete the process. Once you’ve finished your registration you can join the PTA by purchasing a membership under the “Travilah PTA Membership Store” on the left-hand side. You can also choose to make a donation or purchase additional directories under that tab. After you’ve registered and joined, please download the NEW Membership Toolkit App to manage your membership – at this time, you can only purchase a membership through a web browser by clicking this link and paying online: https://travilahpta.membershiptoolkit.com/
OR filling out a membership form with payment sent via check.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Sirena Shamounki at (703) 627-2075 or by email at email@example.com.
Benefits of joining the PTA?
Voting Rights – As a member, you will have the right to vote on every important issue impacting the PTA and your school. Your voice will count!
Directory – You will receive a free Travilah Directory, which includes a listing of all student names, addresses, and telephone numbers; the class list for each grade; and a list of teachers, staff, PTA Executive Board and Committee Chairs. This is an invaluable tool for obtaining homework when your child is sick, sending out birthday invitations, and scheduling play dates.
- Sponsors many programs that directly contribute to your child’s education, including foreign language instruction, computer graphics, Math Olympiad, chess, and Reflections.
- Funds cultural arts programs that enhance the curriculum throughout the year hosts Back to School Picnic, World Culture Night, Travilahfest, Bingo Night, Book Fair, Lunar New Year, Screen Free Week/Talent Show, and other fun events.
- Contributes substantial funds each year for educational materials for each classroom; books for the media center; and resources for the music program.
- Supplements the cost of print cartridges, including color cartridges, for computer printers throughout the school used by students and staff.
- Sponsors community service projects so that our children may also learn to help others.
- Provides a directory of our school community as well as information about school and community events through the PTA Newsletter and Listserv.
- Coordinates parent volunteers for classrooms, media center, school office, and all school events.
- Organizes with Montgomery County, Maryland State and National PTAs to collectively advocate for all school children, starting with your concerns and solutions.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!