Who We Are
Travilah PTA is a not for profit organization run and managed solely by parent volunteers. All of our funding comes from membership dues and fundraising net income. Accordingly, our success depends upon your support.
The best way to show your support is to get involved. Join the PTA, contact a Committee Chairperson (or the Volunteer Coordinator) or anyone on the Executive Board and they will find a place for you. Even a few hours of your time can make a difference.
What We Do
- Sponsors many programs that directly contribute to your child’s education including foreign language instruction, computer graphics, Math Olympiad, chess, and Reflections.
- Funds cultural arts programs that enhance the curriculum throughout the year.
- Hosts Back to School Picnic, World Culture Night, Travilahfest, Bingo Night, Book Fair, Lunar New Year, Screen Free Week & Talent Show, Read-A-Thon, Travilah Moves and other fun and safe social events for Travilah ES families.
- Contributes substantial funds each year for educational materials for each classroom; books for the media center; and resources for the music program.
- Funds the entire cost of color print cartridges for computer printers throughout the school used by students and teachers. Supplements the cost of print cartridges, including color cartridges, for computer printers throughout the school used by students and staff.
- Sponsors community service projects so that our children may also learn to help others.
- Provides scholarships for program and activity participation.
- Provides a directory of our school community as well as information about school and community events through the PTA Newsletter and Listserv.
- Coordinates parent volunteers for classrooms, media center, school office, and all school events, supporting school administration, teachers, and staff every day in many different ways.
Permanent Objectives as stated in the By Laws
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Travilah Expectations for Our Parents & Our Community
We will support the students and staff in achieving the vision of the school.
We will do this by:
- Being respectful, supportive and kind in our interactions with others.
- Staying informed and actively involved in the decisions that affect our children.
- Providing a learning environment in the home that enhances and supports the school’s vision and mission.
- Encouraging and supporting our children’s abilities and efforts to be responsible for themselves and their learning.