The PTA organizes many programs to help and support Travilah Families.
Travilah kids love to enjoy a night out with their friends and families and so we do a couple movie nights each year! On movie night, come with a blanket to spread out and relax while enjoying a show in the All-purpose room. Pizza and concessions will be on sale so you can enjoy dinner or snacks too. This is a fun event for our Travilah community to spend an evening together! (Please note, this is NOT a drop off event.)
Bookaneer Book Fair is from 11/10 to 11/17 where you will find the latest and finest titles for the whole family!
Students will visit the fair with their classes on Thursday 11/10, Friday 11/11 and Monday 11/14 to make wish lists. Mark your calendar for our “GRAND” Event (Grandparents, Relatives, Aunts/Uncles, Neighbors & Dedicated Caregivers) on Friday 11/15 from 1:30-3:30pm and “Family Fun Night” on Wednesday 11/16 from 6-8pm.
You can also visit our online Scholastic Book fair at www.scholastic.com/fair from 11/1 – 11/21 and the books you order will be delivered for free directly to your child’s classroom. (Look for the link on our PTA website) You can contribute books to your child’s classroom library. Students can make their own wish list and invite family and friends to visit the online fair.
We will also be collecting loose change at the register for the All for Books program to provide book scholarships to needy students.
See you at the fair!
PTA Social Events
- Back to School Picnic
- BINGO Night
- Book Fair
- Field Day
- Fifth Grade Recognition
- Halloween Happenings
- World Culture Night
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Lunar New Year
- Movie Nights
- Screen Free Week & Talent Show
- Summer Reading Party
- Travilah Moves
- Travilahfest Picnic
“Heroes Around Me”
Thank you for participating in the PTA Reflections® program 2019. There were many outstanding entries this year. All Reflections participants and winners will be celebrated at a School’s Awards ceremony on June 7th at Travilah Elementary school. Congratulations to the Winners!!!
- Zara Boppana (primary) – K – Award of Excellence
- Ria Kumar (intermediate) – Grade 3 – Award of Excellence
- Myra Boppana (intermediate) – Grade 4 – Award of Excellence
- Audrey Liu (primary) – Grade 2- Award of Excellence
- Claire Zhao (primary) – Grade 1- Award of Merit
- Miriam Akli (primary) – Grade 2- Award of Merit
- Aiden Zhao (primary) – Grade 1- Honorable Mention Award
- Alisha Reza (intermediate) – Grade 3- Award of Excellence
- Jashwin Fernandes (intermediate) – Grade 4- Award of Excellence
- Ria Kumar (intermediate) – Grade 3- Award of Merit
- Maya Saini (intermediate) – Grade 4 – Honorable Mention Award
Special Thanks to Mrs. Susan Shenk, for her continuous support in bringing this Program to our school. Thanks to the front office team, Mrs. Karen Foecking and Mrs. Patricia Hairston for collecting and saving all the Students Artworks. Thank you to our PTA president Mr. Bryan Gteenwald and all the other PTA volunteers for their effort in helping me navigate through this whole process.
A special thanks to all the teachers and parents for encouraging the kids to take part in this contest.