Reminder that the November PTA meeting is tonight, Tuesday Nov 13th, 7 pm, at Travilah ES. Below is the agenda.
Kids collect too much candy trick-or-treating? Why not donate it to Treats for Troops! We will be collecting candy in the school entrance Nov 1st – Nov 9th.
As you may know, Wootton was due to be the next high school to be renovated beginning in summer 2019. Due to a change in MCPS policy, no new renovations will occur Countywide until further facility assessments are completed for all schools. According to MCPS officials regardless of the facility assessment, Wootton will not be fully renovated. Wootton is nearly 50 years old and is deteriorating. Needed repairs were put off for years due to the expected full renovation that is no longer occurring. On Thursday, November 8, your Wootton cluster coordinator will be delivering the cluster testimony at the Board of Education hearing for the Capital Improvement Program (CIP). Wootton students will also be testifying. We need a strong turnout to show the Board of Education how important the Wootton modernization is to our community. Every Wootton cluster school should have representation at the Board of Education’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) hearing. Let’s arrive at 6 pm to fill the hearing room with Wootton Cluster families. Please wear Wootton gear or wear red and we will provide you with signs. If you are interested in testifying on 11/8, you can sign up here on 10/30 at 9am: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/boe/community/participation.aspx.
Don’t forget to print and bring your sign!
October edition of the Dolphin’s Splash is online now! October 2018/19
Just a few reminders about upcoming events.
- The Halloween Party is coming up quickly! If you haven’t, yet, please return your child’s form for Halloween and Valentine’s day and help our kids have really great class parties!
- Got toddlers??? Travilah families with younger siblings are invited to watch the Halloween parade at 2:15 on October 31st. Following the parade, students return to their classrooms for their class parties. Younger siblings are invited to their own party in the multi purpose room.
- This Friday is the 2nd edition of the Dolphin’s Splash. Do you own a business, or know someone who does, and are interested in advertising in the Travilah ES PTAs monthly Dolphin’s Splash newsletter? Download the form and support a wonderful school here: https://travilahpta.org/forms-and-flyers/
- It’s not too late to volunteer for the 2018 PTA ENCHANTED FOREST Book Fair. We’d love for you to be a part of this fun and exciting experience for our students. Click here to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4aaaa72caa8-travilah
Thank you for continuing to help make Travilah Elementary a wonderful experience for our kids!
On October 18th the Wootton PTSA will be holding a Community Meet & Greet for candidates currently running for office in Montgomery County. The event will be in the Wootton Cafeteria from 7PM to 9PM. This is a great opportunity to meet the candidates, learn their plans to serve our community, and discuss issues of importance to you. This event is free and open to all members of the Wootton High School community.
The Wootton HS PTSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate and/or party affiliation.
Today is the deadline to register to vote.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS TO
ELECTION DAY IS
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
- Maryland Voter Registration Deadline is Tue,Oct 16th
- Find information to register at: https://elections.maryland.gov/voter_registration/application.html
- To register to vote, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen;
- A Maryland resident; and
- At least 18 years old
- Find Information on Candidates at: www.vote411.org
- Enter your Address on the Left side and Election Race info will come up. Select “Get Personalized Information on Candidates and Issues”
Our PTA Fall Fundraiser ends soon. Please make sure your get your orders in to the office no later than Friday, October 12th. These Yankee Candle products including wrapping paper and much more are great for holiday gift giving with items arriving just before Thanksgiving. Contact Holly Akli at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.