Our former PTA President, Bryan Greenwald, is the Cubmaster for Pack 291. The Pack has exciting events that are fun for kids and the entire family. Cubs learn about important life skills, personal safety, and environmental stewardship. They take part in fun outdoor activities, get involved in their community, and learn to be part of a team. Please drop by the Westleigh Swim Club between noon and 2:00 pm this Saturday, Oct 17th to find out more!
Zoom Meeting ID: 798 703 5860Password: 9050330
Join Zoom Meeting link:
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,7987035860# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 798 703 5860
Travilah Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Clothing Drive — Winter Clothes, Boots, and Coats Needed!
Travilah Elementary’s sister school Summit Hall in Gaithersburg has families in need of warm clothes, boots, and coats for the coming winter. If you have items like these to donate, please do so in accord with the following guidelines:
1. Make sure the clothing is clean, for cold weather, and in good condition (i.e., no holes, stains, etc.)
2. Sort clothes by gender and size. Children’s’ clothes only. Lightly-used coats and boots are especially welcome.
3. Bag clothes with labels that identify the gender, size, and contents on the outside of the bag. Example: 5T Girls’ clothes and size 12 boots.
4. Drop off clothes and other items between September 28th and October 2nd at 11513 Pleasant Meadow Drive. Place bag(s) on the porch to the left of the front door.
The first virtual PTA meeting of the year tomorrow (Tuesday) evening at 7 pm. In addition to updates from our PTA President and the Travilah Elementary School Principal, we will also:
- Introduce new PTA Board Members, who will brief upcoming programs and school activities
- Discuss ideas for how we can “reimagine” the role of the PTA in our school community in light of the challenges of the coronavirus
- Take feedback from parents about virtual learning and consider ways for more parents to get involved in supporting our school, including by joining the PTA!
You can join the meeting by using the following link:
Topic: Monthly Travilah PTA Meeting
UPDATED: Please click the NEW link below to join the webinar:
Travilah ES PTA
Travilah PTA Meeting
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020
- Approve May Minutes
- Principal’s Report – Dr Wade
- Teacher Updates
- President’s Report – Bryan Greenwald
- Open PTA Positions
- VP Programs
- Community Services
- Reimbursements – HW Club, other ?
- Emergency Funds
- Open PTA Positions
- End of Year Plan
- Nomination and Election of next year’s Executive Board (next page)
Next PTA meeting September
|VP Fundraising||Katie Basilio
|VP Services||Hao Zhang|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Nicole Lockhart|
|Cluster Representative||Prabha Viswanathan Reddy|
|NAACP Representative||Krista Dates|
The Travilah PTA is looking for a volunteer to take over the Treasurer position for next year. While we use Quick Books to handle the accounting, we are looking for someone organized and wiling to volunteer about 1 – 2 hours per week to handle balancing the books, writing checks, and ensuring the PTA stays on budget. If you have specific questions please, email Elvira at Travilah.email@example.com. If you are willing to take on this responsibility for next year, email Travilah.firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know!
Here is the Coronavirus Presentation from tonight’s PTA meeting.
Our schools closed right in the middle of our Original Works fundraiser! Although we are currently unable to receive and submit paper orders, the team at Original Works has set up an Online Ordering Option for our school.
You can place orders at www.OriginalWorks.com/store and have orders delivered directly to your home.
Use our school code TE so that your purchase will benefit our PTA. These items make fantastic gifts for loved ones who are far away (or who are not so far away but who are “social distancing”).
More information can be found on the Online Family Letter below.
If your student brought home a sample magnet the last day of school, hold on to that. You will be able to purchase (or return) that magnet once we are back at school.