The Travilah PTA is collecting books now until November 18th to hold a Covid-safe outdoor Book Sale on Saturday, November 21st. We need your help! We’re asking our community to donate your gently used books to support the Travilah teachers, students, and staff. All proceeds from the sale will benefit Travilah kids and their needs. Any books left unsold will be donated to needy local children and their families.
1. Drop off whatever books you can give at the large labeled box by the front door of Travilah no later than Wednesday, November 18th.
2. The Book Sale will be held at Westleigh Pool parking lot (outdoors) between 1-4pm on November 21st (rain or shine). We have tents in case of rain.
3. Each book will be priced at $2. Remember 100% of proceeds go to support the PTA‘s programs for the school and its students.
4. Everyone must wear masks. We will have plenty of hand sanitizer on site.
5. Any unsold books will be donated to nearby children in need.
Questions? Contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hiral at email@example.com
Travilah families — Please find at the link below a summary of the Board of Education Meeting on 10/27/2020. This readout is provided by a third-party website, and we post it here for your information. The Travilah E.S. PTA believes it is important to help inform our community about cluster and county-wide developments on education policy whenever possible, but we have not independently verified the accuracy of this report.
Additional information is available on the BOE website here: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/boe/
In a year like no other, Travilah Elementary School PTA is excited to be launching face coverings for the whole family! These masks are foldable, 3 layered, and one size fits all with adjustable ear straps. For added convenience they are also machine washable and reusable. This amazing opportunity to support our school will run from now through Monday, November 23.
Please visit our Support the PTA page to access the order form!
Our former PTA President, Bryan Greenwald, is the Cubmaster for Pack 291. The Pack has exciting events that are fun for kids and the entire family. Cubs learn about important life skills, personal safety, and environmental stewardship. They take part in fun outdoor activities, get involved in their community, and learn to be part of a team. Please drop by the Westleigh Swim Club between noon and 2:00 pm this Saturday, Oct 17th to find out more!
Zoom Meeting ID: 798 703 5860Password: 9050330
Join Zoom Meeting link:
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,7987035860# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 798 703 5860
Travilah Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Clothing Drive — Winter Clothes, Boots, and Coats Needed!
Travilah Elementary’s sister school Summit Hall in Gaithersburg has families in need of warm clothes, boots, and coats for the coming winter. If you have items like these to donate, please do so in accord with the following guidelines:
1. Make sure the clothing is clean, for cold weather, and in good condition (i.e., no holes, stains, etc.)
2. Sort clothes by gender and size. Children’s’ clothes only. Lightly-used coats and boots are especially welcome.
3. Bag clothes with labels that identify the gender, size, and contents on the outside of the bag. Example: 5T Girls’ clothes and size 12 boots.
4. Drop off clothes and other items between September 28th and October 2nd at 11513 Pleasant Meadow Drive. Place bag(s) on the porch to the left of the front door.
5. Email Sarah Kessler (firstname.lastname@example.org) or PTA President Greg Pollock (email@example.com) with any questions!
Thank you very much in advance for your donations!
The first virtual PTA meeting of the year tomorrow (Tuesday) evening at 7 pm. In addition to updates from our PTA President and the Travilah Elementary School Principal, we will also:
- Introduce new PTA Board Members, who will brief upcoming programs and school activities
- Discuss ideas for how we can “reimagine” the role of the PTA in our school community in light of the challenges of the coronavirus
- Take feedback from parents about virtual learning and consider ways for more parents to get involved in supporting our school, including by joining the PTA!
You can join the meeting by using the following link:
Topic: Monthly Travilah PTA Meeting
UPDATED: Please click the NEW link below to join the webinar:
join us for the PTA meeting. Updated link below!
Meeting ID: 972 9411 8818
+13126266799,,97294118818# US (Chicago)
+13462487799,,97294118818# US (Houston)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 972 9411 8818
Travilah ES PTA
Travilah PTA Meeting
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020
- Approve May Minutes
- Principal’s Report – Dr Wade
- Teacher Updates
- President’s Report – Bryan Greenwald
- Open PTA Positions
- VP Programs
- Community Services
- Reimbursements – HW Club, other ?
- Emergency Funds
- End of Year Plan
- Nomination and Election of next year’s Executive Board (next page)
Next PTA meeting September
||Prabha Viswanathan Reddy
The Travilah PTA is looking for a volunteer to take over the Treasurer position for next year. While we use Quick Books to handle the accounting, we are looking for someone organized and wiling to volunteer about 1 – 2 hours per week to handle balancing the books, writing checks, and ensuring the PTA stays on budget. If you have specific questions please, email Elvira at Travilah.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are willing to take on this responsibility for next year, email Travilah.email@example.com and let me know!