If there is any interest in representing your Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage please reach out to Hiral Shah @email@example.com by 4/27/23.
This email is being sent on behalf of Elba M. Garcia, Senior Community Advisor.
Dear community partner,
We cordially invite you to participate in the Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Ceremony, Celebrating Our Heritage: Past, Present and Future, on Thursday, May 11, 2023, at MCPS Carver Educational Services Center (CESC), 850 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, MD. 20850.
The program will be held from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m., with the MCPS central office staff, Superintendent Dr. Monifa McKnight, and the Board of Education in attendance. We will be showcasing community organizations that have been critical to preserving and sharing the culture in our county and student groups representing some of our schools. We are excited to bring this community together in celebration.
Please review the following logistical notes for the event and let us know if you will be showcasing your organization and resources by emailing Sabrina_B_Betoni@mcpsmd.org by April 27th. We are planning a virtual meet-and-greet with the MCPS organizers the first week in May.
- Plan to arrive between 3:00 – 3:30 pm for set-up.
- You may park temporarily near the entrance door to unload items, as needed, and park in the lot in front of the building for the duration of the program.
- You will enter at the Main Entrance (North entrance), where you will check in with our Security desk and be directed to the Auditorium.
- You will be assigned a table (approximately 4-6 feet in length) with a tablecloth for your display items.
- Let us know if you will need access to an electrical outlet. If so, you should plan to bring your own electrical cord.
- We would like to encourage you to bring samples of your cultural food to share with all attendees.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on May 11th at CESC to celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander heritage and culture.